A Summary of the Srimad Bhagavatham : Ch-5. Part-16.





5: Narada Instructs Yudhisthira on Ashrama Dharma :


Part - 16.


Tat kathanah: If you meet people, speak about That.

This is called satsanga.

Do not talk nonsense, such as “How are you?” “How is the climate?” Or, “It is raining.”

Instead say, “How are you progressing in spiritual life?

What is your meditation technique?

Please tell me your method, and what obstacles you have faced.

I will also tell my difficulties.”

This kind of concourse among students of meditation is satsanga, truly speaking.

Tat kathanah: Speaking only about that.

Anyonyah tat prabodhanam: We enlighten each other.

You enlighten me, I enlighten you.

We are brothers on the journey, having the same goal, so we ask each other how we are progressing.

I will tell you my difficulties, my problems, and you tell me your problems, so that we can find a method to solve them.

This kind of anyo’nya prabodhana is also a part of great spiritual practice.

Eta deka paratvah ca brahmabhyasah vidur budhah: Depending only on That, and depending on nobody else.

“You are everything.” “Thou art all.” Or, as in the ahamgraha meditation process, we may say, “I am the all.”

Swami Krishnananda

To be continued  ....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speech by Swami Vivekananda - Delivered at the Shakespeare Club, Pasadena, California, February 1, 1900) :

All About Bharatiya Sanatana Dharmam otherwise known as Hinduism : 2.1.5

"Ratha kalpana"