For Quick Evolution of the Human Being
8. SPIRITUAL CULTURE
27. Go to bed early. Get up at four o'clock. Answer calls of nature, clean your mouth and take a bath.
28. Recite some prayers and Kirtan Dhvanis (devotional songs).
Practice Pranayama (breathing exercises), Japa (repetition of the Divine Name of God) and meditation in the early morning.
Sit on Padma, Siddha, or Sukha Asana throughout, without movement, by gradual practice.
While you meditate, forget the outside world totally.
Gradually increase the period of meditation.
29. Perform the daily prayers of your religion. Do not fail to fulfil your obligatory duties.
30. Write your favourite Mantra or Name of God in a notebook for ten to thirty minutes, daily.
31. Sing the Names of God (Kirtan) and pray for half to one hour at night with family and friends.
32. Make annual resolves on the above lines.
Regularity, tenacity and fixity are essential.
Record your Sadhana in a spiritual diary daily.
Review it every month and correct your failures.
Next : The Eighteen "Ities"
To be continued ...