HINDU FASTS & FESTIVALS : 17-10.
17. GITA JAYANTI-10.
1. Take a resolve on Gita Jayanti that you will read at least one discourse of the Gita daily.
2. Recite the Fifteenth Discourse before taking your meals.
3. This is done at the Sivanandashram.
4. Keep a small pocket-sized edition of the Gita with you at all times.
5. Mark a few verses in it which inspire you.
6. Everyday, while you are waiting for your bus or train,
or whenever you have a little leisure,
pull out the book and read these slokam-s.
7. You will be ever inspired.
8. May you all lead the life taught by the Gita!
9. May the Gita, the blessed Mother of the Vedas, guide and protect you!
10. May it nourish you with the milk of the ancient wisdom of the Upanishads!
11. Glory to Lord Krishna, the Divine Teacher!
12. Glory to Sri Vyasa, the poet of poets, who composed the Gita!
***May his blessings be upon you all!***
Next : 18. HANUMAN JAYANTI
To be continued ...