1. Today is Valmiki Jayanti.
2. Sri Valmiki, was an ancient Bharathiya, and Maharishi.
3. Maharishi was the Author of Sri Ramayanam.
4. Sri Ramayanam, not only an Epic; but also the first Classical poetry / poyam ( Kavyam ).
5. Maharishi, hence , the first Poet of Bharatham too.
6. Maharishi, himself an actor in this Epic.
7. Because of the very high standard of writing, this Epic has been translated from the original Sanskrit to various languges of Bharatham.
8. Maharishi's other contribution is "Yogavasishtam".
9. Sri Ramayanam has infuenced through out Bharatham at great extent.
10. Transformation of Dacoit Ratnakaran to 'Valmiki'.
11. Ratnakaran was living by dacoity of the travellaers in the forests.
12. One day, many Maharishi-s came across Ratnakaran, he was attempting to grab things from the Rishimuni-s.
13. Then Rishi-s asked him for whom he is doing this papa-karmam dacoity?
14. When he replied, "for his wife and children, then Rishi-s " told him to confirm that are they ready to share his papam "?
15. But Ratnakaran got the answer that " whom so ever do the karma-s the fruits will be experienced by himself," ( not willing to share his papam ).
16. Soon Ratnakaran, returned, and fell at the feet of Rishi-s.
17.Muni-s advised him to chant RAMA, RAMA TO GET PEACE.
18. When the Rishi-s returned they saw due to Ratnakaran tapas he was completely covered by Ant-hill / Termitary.
19. And he has become Jnani now.
20. As in sanskrit VALMIKAM means ANT-HILL/TERMITARY, hence Rishi-s told him that he will be known from this day onwards in the name of "VALMIKI".
VALMIKI MAHARISHI WITH LAVA-KUSA TWINS BORN TO RAM-SITA, AT VALMIKI'S ASHRAM.